Deputy Chief Com. Dato' Shamshun Baharin bin Mohd Jamil
Tel: 03-8870 0007
Dato’ Shamshun Baharin bin Mohd Jamil has been in service for 36 years at the Malaysian Anti-Corruption Commission (MACC), previously known as the Anti-Corruption Agency (ACA). He was born on September 2nd, 1961 at Tg. Tualang, Perak.
Dato’ Shamshun Baharin is the youngest among 10 siblings. He married Datin Nik Asmat binti Nik Hussin and Datin Norsimah binti Abd Ghani where the family was blessed with four children.
Dato’ Shamshun Baharin received his early education at Sekolah Rendah Iskandar Shah, Sekolah Menengah Iskandar Shah, Parit Perak and Sekolah Tunku Abdul Rahman, Ipoh Perak. He then furthered his studies at Universiti Malaya and in 1984 was awarded a Bachelor of Arts (Honours) degree, specialising in Malay Studies. Then, in 1997, he pursued a Master’s degree in Criminal Justice at the University of Colorado at Denver, United States.
In his service with ACA and MACC, he has served at multiple Branches, Divisions and State Offices, including Kuala Lumpur, Kelantan and Perak.
- Entered service as Investigation Officer at the Anti-Corruption Agency Malaysia (ACA) in 1984 and was assigned to the ACA Headquarters Kuala Lumpur;
- 1987: assigned at ACA Kelantan;
- 1991: assigned at ACA Perak;
- 1996: assigned at the Intelligence Division, ACA Headquarters;
- 1998: assigned at the Policy Planning and Coordination Division, ACA Headquarters;
- 2002: assigned at the Training Division Academy Jalan Duta;
- 2003: assigned at the Investigation Division, ACA Headquarters as Head of Confidential Registration Branch;
- 2006: assigned at the Community Education Division, ACA Headquarters as Division Director;
- 2008: assigned at the Planning and Research Division, ACA Headquarters as Division Director;
- 2008: assigned at the Management Integrity Division, ACA Headquarters as Division Director;
- 2010: assigned at the Secret Registry Division, The Malaysian Anti-Corruption Commission Headquarters as Division Director;
- 2010: assigned at the Intelligence Division, The Malaysian Anti-Corruption Commission Headquarters as Division Director;
- 2012: assigned at the Community Education Division, The Malaysian Anti-Corruption Commission Headquarters as Division Director;
- 2016: appointed as Deputy Chief Commissioner (Prevention) until present
- Darjah Sultan Ahmad Shah Pahang (2011)
- Ahli Mahkota Perak (2005)
- ACA Excellent Service Award (1988)
- ACA Excellent Service Award (1998)
- ACA Excellent Service Award (2003)
In addition to his duties in corruption prevention, Dato’ Shamshun Baharin also contributes to other assignments, including:
- Secretary to ACA Sports Club 1998-2001;
- Chairman of ACA Sports Club 2001-2007;
- FAM Integrity Committee;
- MACC Chief Information Officer;
- Chairman of the Board Members of Koperasi Suruhanjaya Pencegahan Rasuah Malaysia Berhad (KOSPERA);
- Chairman of the Main Committee for the Golden Jubilee 50th Anniversary Celebration of ACA/MACC;
- Member of the Advisory Board, Islamic Training Institute Malaysia (ILIM);
- Chairman of the Technical Committee for TC/01 Anti Bribery Management System (ABMS) MS 37001;
- Ex-Officio The Public Accounts Committee (PAC).